By now, you should have received this little Charlton Advantage “care package” at your doorstep if you placed your order with us.
But even if you didn’t… no worries! You can still make delicious cookies!
Follow along in this video with our friend and client Yesie Eng from Yesie’s Baked Goods, and below you will find the complete recipe!
You will need: Eggs, butter, milk, vanilla extract and icing sugar (optional).
Sugar Cookie Recipe:
1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter or margarine at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 teaspoons milk or milk substitute
3 cups all purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Beat butter and egg with an electric mixer. Add vanilla and milk to the mixture and mix.
2. Slowly add the contents of the jar into the mixture. Blend together well.
3. Knead dough into 2 discs, wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
7. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet or you can use parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Decorate as desired.
If you would like to make your own icing as Yesie does in the tutorial, you will need icing sugar and water or milk. Add water or milk slowly (1 tablespoon at a time) until icing is fluid enough to spread. Mix ingredients after each addition.
Thank you for joining us in some holiday fun at home this year.
Check out more from Yesie on Instagram, too.
Here’s hoping we can celebrate together in 2021!
But in the meantime, have a great winter break, and a Happy New Year!